Calling All Charitable Organizations Making a Difference in Coffee-Growing Communities
About the NCA
The National Coffee Association (NCA) is the leading trade association for the U.S. coffee industry, representing the entire supply chain - growers, exporters/importers, roasters, manufacturers, wholesalers/suppliers, retailers, allied industry businesses, and non-profit organizations.
The NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Charity Showcase & Award Overview
There are a wide variety of charitable organizations that support coffee-growing communities at origin.
The mission of the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Charity Showcase and Award is to recognize these organizations and their initiatives that:
- Focus on capacity building or improving livelihoods and
- Create a stronger, more sustainable supply chain.
The Program is comprised of two parts:
- The NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Charity Showcase shines a year-long spotlight on the good works done by charitable organizations and/or their programs that directly benefit and impact coffee communities at origin.
- The 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award will recognize a charitable organization that has demonstrated strategic, innovative, and implementation excellence. The Award will be presented during the 2024 NCA Convention, March 7 - 9 in Nashville, TN.
Reasons to Participate in the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Showcase
- Showcase your organization's work and accomplishments.
- Increase awareness of your organization and brand reputation.
- Provide opportunities to attract donations.
- Heighten your visibility by being associated with the industry's leading trade association.
- The opportunity to be considered for the NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award (if additional Award materials are submitted). The Award will be presented at the NCA Annual Convention, and the Award Winner will receive additional benefits (see below).
Reasons to Enter the NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award
- The benefits listed above.
- Opportunity to have your organization and its good work recognized by industry leaders.
- One complimentary registration to attend the 2024 NCA Convention, the premier event for the U.S. coffee industry, which will be held March 7 - 9, 2024. See the Terms & Conditions for additional details.
- Option to have a complimentary exhibit tabletop and one complimentary exhibit registration at the 2024 NCA Convention.
- Opportunity to give a 15-minute presentation at the NCA Board of Directors meeting held in association with the 2024 NCA Convention.
- A "Donate Button" placed on NCA's Coffee Gives Back Program Charity Showcase landing page, which will link directly to your website/donation form.
- Recognition among your peers through a media press release and profiles on the NCA's website, blog, and social media.
All charitable organizations that meet the eligibility requirements, no matter their size or revenues, are encouraged to participate in the NCA Coffee Gives Back Charity Showcase and submit additional information to be considered for the 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award.
Questions? Contact Terri Bartlett, Director of Member Relations, at (646) 924-4039 or email@example.com.
OverviewAll domestic and international charitable organizations that meet the eligibility requirements, no matter their size or revenues, are encouraged to apply for the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Charity Showcase and the 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible charitable organizations must have 501(c)(3) Public Charity Internal Revenue Service (IRS) status or its international equivalent.
- The charitable organizations and/or their programs must directly benefit and impact coffee communities at origin through initiatives that (1) focus on capacity building or improving livelihoods and (2) create a stronger, more sustainable supply chain.
- Both the Charity Showcase and Award are open to NCA members and to non-members.
- Applicants for the Award must be accepted into the NCA Coffee Gives Back Charity Showcase.
- Subject to availability and the final 2024 NCA Convention program, an employee or representative of the winning charitable organization can be present at the NCA Annual Convention to accept the Award.
- Prior NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winners are not eligible for the NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award for three years from the time their organization received the Award.
2. Application Process
The NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Application consists of two sections:
- Section I: Information required to participate in the Charity Showcase.
- Section II: Additional information is required to be considered for the 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award.
- Showcase applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, if you wish to be considered for the 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award, you must fill out and submit Sections I and II of the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Application by the deadline.
- Application must be in English and financial statements in any language other than English must include English translations.
- If you are resubmitting content from a prior application, you must include updated information to reflect your organization’s work since that submission
3. Showcase Process and NotificationCharitable organizations accepted to the NCA Coffee Gives Back Charity Showcase will be notified by email. If also applying for the Charity Award, your application will proceed to the Judging phase.
4. Judges and Award CriteriaThe NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winner and Finalists are selected by an independent group of NCA Directors following a review of application materials.
Each organization applying for the Award is judged on the following six (6) criteria:
- Mission & Vision
- Financial Stewardship
- Governance & Transparency
- Programs' Goals & Objectives
- Programs' Challenges
- Programs' Results and Long-Term Impact
5. Award Process and Notification
- The Judges will score eligible applicants based on the criteria outlined above.
- The NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winner and two Finalists will be determined based on the Judges’ scores and the Judges’ deliberation and consensus.
- The 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winner and the two Finalists will be confirmed by the NCA Board of Directors.
- The Judges may decide not to give the NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award if, in their sole discretion, the judging criteria are not met by any applicant.
- The Judges may decide not to bestow Finalist recognition if, in their sole discretion, the judging criteria are not met by any applicant.
- The 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winner and Finalists will be notified on or about January 31, 2024.
- The 2024 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winner will be asked to provide promotional photography and short video testimonials for the award presentation.
- Further details will be communicated to the winning charitable organization before the Convention.
Process for First-Time Applicants and Applicants Prior to 2023
Process for 2023 Applicants
If you require assistance or additional information, please contact Theresa Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact UsNational Coffee Association of U.S.A., Inc
45 Broadway, Suite 1140
New York, NY 10006